Most of us love nail art and growing long nails but when you have weak brittle and soft nails that peel, it’s a frustrating problem. You can’t grow your nails without them chipping at some point. Thankfully, there’s this DIY nail strengthener that hardens weak nails and helps them grow faster!
Ingredients in this DIY Nail Strengthener
Below are the ingredients in this DIY nail strengthener recipe:
Olive oil – Rich in vitamin E, olive oil is repairs damage and strengthens nails. It also keeps nails looking moisturized and healthy.
Honey – Honey is a natural humectant which means it draws moisture from its surroundings and seals it into the skin. It moisturizes the cuticles and nails and nourishes them.
Lemon juice – With its high citric acid content, lemon juice is a nail brightener. It helps whiten and brighten nails and remove yellow discoloration. It also hardens the nail’s surface, preventing damage and breakage.
Sea salt – Sea salt exfoliates dead cells and deeply cleanses the nails, which brightens them and removes any yellowness. It also has antibacterial properties that kill off germs which hide under the nails and cause cuticle infections.
Directions DIY Nail Strengthener for Strong, Healthy & Shiny Nails
- Pour the olive oil, honey, salt and lemon juice in a heatproof bowl and mix them up.
- Now get a pan and add a couple inches of water into it and put it on the stove over a medium low flame.
- Place the bowl on top of the pan and let the nail strengthener solution slowly warm up. Make sure the water level is very low so that it doesn’t enter the bowl.
- Once it’s warm enough, remove from heat and set it on the table.
- Now dip in both your hands, nail first into the nail strengthening solution. Your hands should be clean and dry.
- Let them soak for about 10-15 minutes. You can do this while watching TV to kill time!
- When the time is up, scrub your nails with soapy water and a nail brush for 2 minutes until they shine!
- Repeat every once a week. If your nails are really weak, you can do this 2 times a week.