Everyone loves having beautiful nails and hands. Nail’s shape, it’s strength, and it’s look reflects your persona in a way and shows how hygienic and self-caring you are. Unfortunately, our hands come in contact with many things which mar the beauty of our nails. In order to maintain the beauty of your hands, you should follow a specific care routine according to your need.
We hear and read a lot about how to do manicures and pedicures and various other techniques to maintain beautiful nails, today let me tell you a little more in depth about how to get beautiful nails that are also strong. Here are a few tips and tricks to keep your nails and hands always beautiful.
Beauty Tips For Nails: Daily Care
- Make your nail polish last longer by using vinegar. Yes! Just take vinegar on cotton balls and swipe it on your unpolished nails and then apply nail polish. By doing this, your nail polish will stay longer on your nails.
- To avoid brittle nails, give them a salt bath. Add four tablespoons of sea salt (ordinary salt which we add to our food) in one liter of water and soak for 15 minutes. Afterwards dry your hands and apply cuticle softener on your nails
- If your nails are becoming yellow, give them a chamomile bath. It is very helpful. Add a few spoons of dry chamomile blossom (you can get these from stores that stock aroma products) to two cups of water and brew it for 20 minutes and then dip your nails in it for 15-20 minutes . Do it three times a week and combine it with lemon juice rubs for better results.
- For brightening your nails, use rose water combined with glycerin and hydrogen peroxide. Mix 40 ml of rose water with 10 gms of glycerin and 50 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and rub it on your nails using a cotton ball drenched with this mixture.
- To make your hands silky soft, use jojoba oil, and you can use aloe extract to heal the cracks which you may get during cold weather around your cuticles.
- Nails are 10 times more porous than the skin surface of our body and hence more prone to breakage. So every time you use soap or water in your hands and if your nails are really soft and brittle, it’s best to use some hand cream on your nails too, so that they remain hard and strong.
- If you want speedy growth of your nails, use gelatin. Gelatin helps in boosting the nail growth. You can also use a basecoat having gelatin as its main ingredients under your polish.
- Are your nails splitting? This could be because of calcium deficiency. For this, you can add calcium-rich food in your diet. You can also boil eggs and use their shell powder (3gm) daily in your breakfast by mixing it with milk or curd.
- For proper cuticle care, don’t forget to use cuticle oil daily. Use this oil twice a day to get healthy cuticles and beautiful nails. Cuticle oil or cream specially formulated to keep nail cuticles healthy is a good investment.
- Use nail strengthener conditioners with CF Formulas Hydrating Creme Masque as a conditioner. They are fabulous in keeping your nails healthy and strong.
- File your nails in one direction only. Use a 240 grit filer if you want to file your nails and don’t use metal filers as they are harmful for your nails.Do not forget to buff, again do not buff too much if your nails are soft.
- Wearing nails having sharp edges are more vulnerable to breakage. It’s best to grow nails faster about 3/8ths and have them rectangular with rounded edged so that they stay on and don’t break easily.
- The remover that you use for removing your nail paints can play a major role in making or breaking your nails, i.e., to say that you should use removers of popular brands and invest in them will help you save your nails from breakage. Read the labels before buying any remover and always use an acetone-free formula based nail polish remover. As it is very harsh to your nails, acetone dries out the nails and thus damages its surface.
- If you have the habit of getting involved in cooking, cleaning, and such stuff, do not forget to wear gloves. These will save you from the harsh soap chemicals and the time and again use of water.Beauty Tips For Nails: Manicure Care
Beauty Tips For Nails: Manicure Care
By following a good nail care routine, you can get beautiful nails and hands. But the beauty of your nails doesn’t just depend on your nail but also on the nail polish and how to take care of it.
15. No Bubbles In Your Nail Polish
Bubbles look ugly in the nail polish, so to avoid them don’t shake your nail polish bottle. Instead, roll it in between your both palms and then apply it on your nails.
16. Apply Basecoat
Never forget to start your manicure by applying the basecoat. Basecoat protects your nails from discoloration and forfeits them with necessary ingredients. Choose your basecoat according to your requirement.
17. Apply Nail Polish In Thin Layers
Never apply your nail polish in thick coats. Apply your polish in two thin coats. It will make your polish dry faster with fewer smudge marks and it also prevents chipping. As thicker coats take a lot of time in drying and they also chip fast.
18. Avoid Chipping
To avoid chipping faster, the first measure is to apply your nail paint in thin layers as discussed above. Second measure is to paint the top edge of your tip and also paint little on the underside of the tips. This way your polish does not chip and you can enjoy your manicure for longer.
19. Clean Extra Polish Off Cuticles
This step is very necessary to have a clean and beautiful manicure. Clean your cuticles by dipping a Q-tip or flat nail brush into nail polish remover. Also, if you smudge your polish or make a mistake dip your Q-tip or brush in remover and amend the mistake. This is also very helpful in case you chip the nail and don’t have enough time to paint your nails again, for this just use your brush dipped in remover to wipe off the nail paint from the tips and repaint them.
20. Give Some Time To Dry Your Manicure
At least give one hour to your new manicure to dry completely. Also don’t use dry heat like blow-dryer to dry your nails.
21. Apply Top Coat
If you want to make your manicure look more glossy and professional, use high shine fast drying top coat. Top coat not only gives shine to your nails but also prevents chipping and color fade thus long life of your nail art. If you want matte finish, use matte topcoats. When your nails are dry enough to touch, apply cuticle oil and it will further prevent smudging and moisturize your cuticles.
Also, keep in mind that what goes in shows out, i.e., to say diet plays a very important role in having good nails. So, if your nails are somewhat brittle and break easily then it may be because you lack some or most of the important elements needed to be included in your diet to make your nails healthy. You should have food that has a good content of biotin(improves the strength of your nails), zinc, magnesium(essential to various functions of cell synthesis), calcium(great for nails as well as bones), iron, and also drink lots of water to keep the toxins out of your system.
In the end, I would love to say “HAPPY PAINTING” and follow these tips for beautiful nails.